Thursday, July 12, 2012

upgrate bugzilla to 4.2 from 3.6

Today I decided to upgrade my local bugzilla from bz3.6 to bz 4.2, and got lots of errors and headaches for sure. The following are the bugs:

1, xmlrpc support are disabled, this is caused by failed to load required modules, to fix this is very easy, i just ran install all modules, may you are interesting with how i found this, we are using bugzilla xmlrpc for updating our data, after failed several times, and double checked our code, we thought it's bugzilla installation issues.

2, DB schema didn't match, first i delete record in bz_schema table, then ran checksetup.pl, then some errors were emerging, basically they were foreign key constrain issues, so I deleted those foreign keys from related tables, believe me, that's a huge task

3, there were some invalid data in db already, so if that's true, correct those are delete them


1 comment:

  1. if all the above steps failed, hack your bugzilla code, put as many confess as needed in it.

    I have resolved all the issues, the last one was my useless, stupid custom field...

    ReplyDelete